First American Title Insurance
1778 Orleans St.
Manages 1031 Exchange Transactions on behalf of customers. Works with internal and external customers to initiate, process and close 1031-Exchange Transactions.
- Open Exchanges: Handle Inquiry calls. Review Purchase Agreement and/or Escrow Instructions. Type/send Exchange Agreement and Opening package.
- Processing: Process mail/update files using calendar/tickler systems. Monitor time deadlines and closing dates. Prepare Assignments, Amendments, Indemnities, etc. as required.
- Closing: Review estimated closing statements for approval. Acceptance/Disbursement of funds. Collect fee and interest income as applicable. Oversee collection of outstanding documentation as required. Monitor final disbursement of exchange closing statement and return of excess funds. Monitor final disbursement of 1099s as required.
- Customer Service/Business Development: Trouble Shooting: Phone duties to develop clientele and maintain high level of customer satisfaction for existing clients. Follow up with existing and potential clients for increased business. Direct marketing contact with clients such as lunches, cards, etc. Accountability to all monthly and annual goals. Submit weekly and monthly log reports as required. Assist Manager with Indirect marketing contact via multiple marketing tools.
- Accounting: Manage all daily pass- through and savings deposits. Opens and Closes savings accounts. Monitors incoming wires and initiates Outgoing wires. Balances pass- through accounting daily and maintains daily accounting folders. Properly maintains daily control ledgers. Collects proper fee and interest income and deposits same as required. Audits exchange file and ensures file is in proper file order. Process accounting mail daily. Follow up on outstanding checks as applicable. Prepares final Exchange Closing Statements. Disburses final exchange credit as applicable. Submits Weekly/Monthly reports as required.
- Reports: Manages and reviews all Daily Journals and Extract reports as required. Reviews and manages all SMS reports as well as addressing any problems that should arise and working with accounting to correct immediately. Reports and manages revenue reports. All monthly reports and kept in a file system and managed as well as shipped out as deemed appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 1-2 years related experience
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.