Flexible, innovative and family-oriented insurance defense firm, with manageable billing expectations and excellent work-life balance is seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to become a part of our team! The applicant must have a minimum of 3 years litigation experience in insurance defense. The applicant should possess the following skill set:
Excellent Time Management & Organization Skills
Ability to Independently Manage Files & be a Team Player
Willingness to follow Systems & Processes
Proactive Attitude & Approach to Case Handling
Excellent Research, Writing & Verbal Communication Skills
Commitment to going "Above & Beyond" for the Client
This candidate should feel comfortable with:
PC Law or similar billing systems and the ability to enter his/her billable time in accordance with client billing guidelines;
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Dropbox;
E-filing and fax filing in all courts;
Summarizing medical records, depositions, discovery responses and documents produced; and
Speaking with clients and witnesses (both expert and fact), conducting research, maintaining case files, and completing other ad-hoc requests, as needed.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
3+ years as Litigation Legal Assistant or Paralegal
Ability to work before or after traditional business hours when the need arises
Job Type: Full-time
1. How many years of litigation experience do you have?
2. How many years of Paralegal experience do you have?
3. Are you in Mandeville, LA 70471?
4. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal certification?
5. Do you have a Driver's License?
6. Do you speak English?
7. Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
8. Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and 401(k) benefits are offered with full-time employment upon eligibility.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.